2017 Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarships
Join the 67 previous recipients!
Award Amount: $2,500.00
Purpose: To honor Arab-American students who excel in Media Studies.
Eligibility: College students enrolled in the 2017-2018 academic year; Juniors, Seniors and Graduate School students who are majoring in Journalism, Radio, Television, and/or Film.
Applicants: Hard copy applications only. Send the following items to ADC’s Research Institute:
- A one-page statement explaining why you merit the scholarship, your goals, and a declaration that you are a U.S. citizen of Arab heritage.
- Two original signed letters of recommendation from professors of Mass Communications.
- Copies of your articles, DVD’s, films, and so forth (Items will not be returned to you).
- Official academic transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA).
- Your permanent home address and phone number, e-mail address, and your phone number during the school year, if different.
Deadline: Wednesday, June 1, 2017
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted; only hard copy applications are accepted.
Submit all materials to the ADC Research Institute:
Attention: Mr. Nabil Mohamad
ADC Vice President
1990 M Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
If you have any questions, call 202 244 2990, or e-mail: organizing@ADC.org
Awards will be presented at the 2017 ADC’s National Convention in Washington, D.C.